Content Strategy, User Experience & Business Analysis, Enterprise Applications, Multnomah County
August 2010 – Present, Portland, OR
- Responsible for requirements definition, business use cases and project charters.
- Provide analysis on web-based problems focused on user experience improvements.
- Structure website solutions through the use of wireframes, taxonomy using a content first strategy.
- Lead a content consultancy for county departments that gives recommendations for improved content. Deliverables include content inventories, gap analysis, suggested rewrites, remote user testing and report generation.
- Subject matter expert for training classes provided on how to use the County web properties.
- Conduct in person and remote user testing, complete data analysis and provide recommendations based on results.
- Use agile and scrum based methodologies to manage website and software development.
Site Coordinator, Peninsula Elementary, Start Making a Reader Today
July 2010 – May 2011, Portland, OR
- Collaborated with principal, teachers, volunteers and other school staff to schedule reading pairs. Created a welcoming, organized, and comfortable reading space.
- Helped children and volunteers select books, answer questions and offer reading tips. Maintained the SMART book inventory for the elementary. Submitted monthly reports on program data and statistics.
Sole Proprietor, staceyanderson.net
Nov 2007 – August 2010, Portland, OR
- Designed and developed medium to large-scale websites using Drupal and WordPress, including an e-commerce solution for Design to Learn, a division of the Child Development and Rehabilitation Center at Oregon Health and Science University.
- Managed redesign projects, created information architecture and wireframes for companies around Portland, Oregon. Implemented an online registration system using CiviCRM for Chris King Precision Components.
Web Developer, CollegeNET
Aug 2006 – Nov 2007, Portland, OR
Graphic Designer 3, Bear Creek Corporation
Nov 2004 – April 2006, Medford, OR
- Designed banner advertisements, landing pages, and email campaigns for the Harry and David & Jackson and Perkins brand. Coded email campaigns to strict browser requirements. Met with marketing and advertising departments weekly to review and revise designs of campaigns to increase click through and purchase rate of products.
Support Staff Specialist, The Art Institute of Portland
May 2002 – June 2004, Portland, OR
- Fielded inquiries from potential students via phone, walk-in, fax and email.
- Manned both the front desk and admissions desk, checking future students in for appointments, setting up art exhibits for First Thursday, handling overflow mail room duties and coordinating with security for incoming speakers and guests.
Audio Video Site Specialist, Intel Corporation
Jan 2002 – April 2002, Hillsboro, OR
- Audio and video support for large conference rooms across the network of Intel Campuses.
Video Editor/Camera Operator/Master Control Operator, KOBI NewsChannel 5
July 2000 – December 2001, Medford, OR
- Maintained the video and audio functions of Master Control and insured the integrity of two 24×7 channels.
- Operated the Harris Louth automation system, multiple incoming feeds, digitized commercials and programming, maintained discrepancy logs and troubleshooting of technical issues.
- Operated two studio cameras for live dual anchor newscasts.
- Post production of commercials for local businesses, promotional advertisements and PSA’s
Education and Certifications
B.S., Multimedia and Web Design, The Art Institute of Portland, Portland, OR
Project Management Certification, Portland State University, Portland, OR
UX Certification, Nielsen Norman Group
The Human Mind and Usability: How Your Customers Think, Usability Week, Nielsen Norman Group, New York, NY
Information Architecture 1: Structuring and Organizing Web-Based Information, Usability Week, Nielsen Norman Group, New York, NY
Integrating Content Strategy in Your UX Design Process, User Interface 17, Boston, MA
Prototyping with Basic HTML to Communicate Design, User Interface 17, Boston, MA
IT Customer Service Excellence, Ouellette Group, Portland, OR
Mastering Views Configuration, Drupalcon, Portland, OR
Service Design Making, Blendconf, Charlotte, NC
Multnomah County Leadership Academy, Portland, OR
Google Analytics 101, 102, 103 Cardinal Path, Portland OR
UX Basic Training, Usability Week, Nielsen Norman Group, San Diego, CA
Mobile User Experience, Usability Week, Nielsen Norman Group, San Diego, CA
Analytics and User Experience, Usability Week, Nielsen Norman Group, San Diego, CA
Top Web UX Design Guidelines, Usability Week, Nielsen Norman Group, San Diego, CA
The One-Person UX Team Toolbox, Usability Week, Nielsen Norman Group, San Diego, CA
Awards and Nominations
Multnomah County Employee Recognition Awards 2015
Winner of Sustainability Award, Regional Sustainable Surplus Property Network
Multnomah County Employee Recognition Awards 2013
Nominated for Superior Service to Internal Customers
GovTech: Best of the Web & Digital Government Achievement Awards 2013
Government-to-Citizen Local Government, Multnomah County Library Website
Government Internal category, Multco Commons Intranet
Multnomah County Employee Recognition Awards 2012
Nominated for Outstanding Team Achievement, Multnomah County Intranet Redesign
Multnomah County Employee Recognition Awards 2011
Nominated for Outstanding Team Achievement, Multnomah County Website Redesign